Whether it is an online aptitude test or a national- level competitive or entrance exam, there is no doubting the fact that most exams in India are increasingly shifting towards being computer-based instead of being paper-based. For a lot of students however, an online aptitude test or entrance exam is something that is new and may be quite a bewildering experience. A lot of people also do not have a clear idea of what they should expect from such exams. So, in order to ease the experience for people who are still intimidated by online tests, here are a few preparation tips that should help quite a bit.
Preparation before the Online Exam
The first thing you need to do is to understand the guidelines of the test. Then, visit a well-known online assessment portal for students that can allow you to get some practice in the kind of exam you are about to take. The right kind of online assessment portal for students can really let you gain confidence in being able to take online exams.
- Apart from studying the course and syllabus, here are some other things that you should do:
- Know about the test format.
- Test yourself and take Advantage of Online Assessment portal for students and get used to the format and timing.
- Study the class material. Even if the test you are about to take is open book, you still need to study.
- Time your tests and decide how long you want to spend on each question/section.
- If the test you are taking can be taken from any location, before you begin the test, make sure that you have everything you need to take the test. Keep the notebooks, pens, books, etc. handy.
- Stop worrying. Take a deep breath and relax; it will actually help you to be more confident during the exam.
Focus During the Online Exam
You do not want to start worrying too much, but keeping an eye on the clock is also very important. In fact, you may even want to set an alarm that notifies you when there is some limited time left, like 10 or 15 minutes before the end of the exam.
- Make sure that you save copies of the questions and your answers during the exam. In case you face some technical issue when you have to submit the test or while you are taking the test, this will prove to be quite beneficial.
- A good idea is to first write your short answers or essay-type answers in a word processing program. This way, you will find it much easier to edit and check for grammar or mistakes. Once you’ve done that, you can cut and paste the answer at the designated area in the exam.
- Do not navigate away from the page that has the test. In case you are allowed to use the internet in order to check other websites for information, make sure that you do not use the same tab as you are using for the exam. You may end up losing your answers. Instead, open another window or tab to conduct the research.
- In case you face any technical problems, don’t panic. Get in touch with your instructor immediately and let them know about the problem or error messages that you are seeing. Taking a screenshot of the same is also a good idea in the long run.
- Double check your work before you submit it. Make sure that the answers are complete and that they are as you intended them to be.
After the exam, you will be in a good position to assess your progress. Think about how you did it, and if possible, look for the questions that challenged you. An online aptitude test or entrance exam does not have to be as hard as people make it seem. As long as you stay calm and do your best, you are in a good position to clear any competitive exams without any issues.